Polished Concrete Company Washington
Concrete is widely known as a tough, durable and cost effective flooring material making it a number one option for most people. Looking closely, you will realize that concrete floors are indeed not very visually appealing.
Other than not having too much visual appeal, concrete floors also come with good number of drawbacks that should not in any way be ignored before finally choosing this flooring solution.
- Concrete is a hard material and tripping on it can cause you and your family extreme harm.
- It can be close to impossible to stand for long periods of time in a concrete floor. Its hardness will cause your feet to hurt.
- Concrete floors can really get hot during the summer and really cold during winter.
- Concrete floors last long but when it gets damaged you either have to live with the cracks, dents and stains or have a new concrete floor installed.
- Concrete floors cannot be repaired through patchwork.
- Concrete floors tend to chip off after some time.
Additionally, with a concrete floor, you will need to contend yourself with a dull and boring gray floor.
Despite its downside, concrete floors remain to be the most durable flooring solution available. Modern technology, equipment and techniques have worked around the downsides of concrete flooring to take advantage of its most important features.
Polished concrete is one of the most widely sought flooring option that comes extremely close to the durability and toughness of concrete floors with a lot of added benefits. Polished concrete is lower in cost, lower in maintenance and has the aesthetic value not found in concrete floors.
Why Polished Concrete?
Polished concrete is the latest trend to hit the flooring industry today. It is the most cost-effective and modern flooring system that is the best alternative to concrete flooring. It is also the most ideal flooring solution for commercial, industrial, retail and government institutions as well as for residential spaces.
The increasing popularity of polished concrete is due to the fact that it is packed with benefits that will make you immediately decide to go for it:
Polished concrete is more durable than marble, tile, ceramic, vinyl or linoleum flooring systems. It can last for longer years with very little maintenance requirements.
It is a flooring system that is not only ideal for commercial and industrial use but for residential use, too. Most flooring systems work best only for commercial and industrial spaces or only for residential spaces. With polished concrete you can choose the level of sheen installed on the floor to suit your need and preference.
Polished concrete, in the long-term is more affordable than any other flooring options. The initial cost per square foot may be higher but if you take into consideration its durability and longevity plus all the added benefits this flooring system can give you, it will come out to be a cheaper option.
Highly Resistant to Stains, Marks and Contaminants
Polished concrete floor surfaces are densified and sealed. These processes transform concrete floors which are porous into a tight and compact surface that repels contaminants, water, grease, oil and dust from penetrating the floor surface. It is also resistant to scratches, impact and hot tire marks.
You can compare the beauty of polished concrete to that of marble flooring but at a much lower cost. The process brings out the natural beauty of the concrete floor beneath by hardening and polishing the concrete. The process of polished concrete smoothens the concrete floor to give it a high-gloss finish.
Polished concrete floors enhance the lighting in the area. The high gloss finish of this flooring system absorbs and illuminates light by as much as 30%. Light coming from artificial sources and the sun reduces energy consumption.
Occasional sweeping and mopping are all that is required to maintain the high gloss finish of this flooring system. Since it is resistant to dust, molds, mildew and other contaminants, these are not retained on the surface making it easy to clean. Oil, grease and feet marks can be easily wiped off.
Hazardous chemicals are not used to install polished concrete. It does not contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs). Chemicals are not required for cleaning and maintenance, too.
The benefits of polished concrete are enormous making it one of the most popular flooring system chosen by most industrial, commercial and residential users. Deluxe Concrete ensures a high level of professionalism and excellent work standards in installing polished concrete floors to ensure you get to experience all these superb benefits.
Comparing Polished Concrete over Other Flooring Systems
Polished concrete is a more superior flooring system over ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl, wood, wooden laminate, marble or slate. Take a look how:
Polished concrete is available has a wide variety of design choices. Dyes and pigments can be added when polished concrete is installed to create a colored flooring surface and incorporate decorative objects. You can also choose the level of sheen of the floor surface from subtle gloss to a high gloss finish.
Polished Concrete can resist molds, dust mites, mildew and other contaminants and allergens. Polished concrete is a far better flooring option than carpets especially for people who have allergic reactions to animal fur and other contaminants. Being an inorganic material, concrete and polished concrete for that matter is not a good breeding place for toxic mold.
Polished concrete is installed without using hazardous chemicals, adhesives and coatings. It also does not require the use of cleaners for maintenance. It is an eco-friendly flooring system because since it reflects light, it reduces the need for artificial lighting.
Polished concrete can be a main component of homes utilizing solar power. This flooring system is able to radiate heat and store it as solar energy. The concrete slabs absorb heat from the sun which can be used to power lights.
Polished concrete requires low maintenance. Occasional sweeping and mopping with a damp cloth is all that is required to get rid of residue from high foot traffic and marks of heavy equipment. The high gloss finish is resistant to stains and the floor surface does not need any further waxing.
When installed the proper way, polished concrete will last a lifetime. Ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl, wood, wooden laminate, marble or slate will in due time need replacement while polished concrete will not.
Polished concrete is cost efficient in the long term. It lasts a lifetime and does not require any additional costs for cleaners.
Can All Concrete Be Polished?
Yes, Deluxe Concrete can transform any concrete floor into a polished concrete floor. Call for a free estimate and we will show you how.
Polished concrete can be installed in concrete floors with these few requirements:
- A new concrete floor should have been cured for at least 28 days prior to the installation of polished concrete. If polished concrete is to be applied along with the concrete floor, the floor needs to be as smooth as possible so the polishing process can be minimized.
- The concrete floor needs to be properly prepared. Dust, dirt, existing coatings and adhesives, oil and grease needs to be removed prior to the application of polished concrete.
There are certain concrete floor conditions that are not suitable for polished concrete installation (porous floors, floors with holes and cracks). Your Deluxe Concrete installer will discuss with you the process that needs to be done so the concrete floor is properly prepared.
- In instances when your concrete floor surface needs to be solidified and densified prior to polished concrete application Deluxe Concrete will work on the surface accordingly.
There is no concrete floor that cannot be installed with polished concrete. Deluxe Concrete installers are highly skilled and trained to handle any concrete floor condition to ensure a successful polished concrete installation. Call us today for a free estimate. We gladly be of service.
How much does Polished Concrete Cost?
The cost of polished concrete depends on these factors:
- The area of the space polished concrete is going to be installed.
- The number of grinding levels required to achieve a smooth surface.
- The application of additional decorative effects such as scoring, staining and more.
- The extent of preparation of the concrete floor prior to installation of polished concrete.
The initial cost of polished can be higher than some flooring systems. However if you look log-term you will realized that it is a lot cheaper in the long term.
Why Deluxe Concrete?
When it comes to polished concrete, Deluxe Concrete is your number one contractor! We are proud to be of service to the Puget Sound Area. We are proud of the top quality customer service we give each of our clients. Our personal touch is evident in every polished concrete floor that we install.
- Installing polished concrete floors is our passion so we give utmost attention to every detail.
- We have extensive experience in handling the latest and the best quality industrial diamonds, sealers and hardeners.
- We make sure your polished concrete is aesthetically beautiful and low in maintenance.
- We abide by the strict safety standards in polished concrete installation.
- We only use environment friendly materials.
- Our work is backed by several years of unparalleled experience in seamless industrial, commercial and residential polished concrete installation.
After the installation of polished concrete, the floor is tested to make sure it meets expected specifications. The new polished concrete floor will be tested for its gloss finish, hardness, profile of surface texture, water and stain resistance, slip resistance and other qualities of polished concrete.
If you need a decorative flooring system ideal for high traffic areas, warehouse, manufacturing facilities, sanitary floors or residential spaces, Deluxe Concrete is your best choice for polished concrete installation. Call us for a free estimate.
Joe Egan established Deluxe Concrete in 2009 bringing along with him extensive experience in the installation of concrete finishes as well as foundations, flatwork and customized applications.
Deluxe Concrete takes pride in:
- Being equipped with the latest modern equipment, tools and techniques required to be ahead in this fast growing flooring industry.
- Having only the best certified, skilled and highly trained flooring experts that work under strict safety standards when handling materials and processes.
- Giving the best high quality service to clients to ensure satisfaction of desired results.
- Being given superior reviews by our clients making them engage our services for their other flooring requirements and referring us to future clients.
- Our untarnished reputation for excellence in the work we do has made us the number choice for flooring systems.
We Provide Only the Best QUALITY Work
Our top quality work and practices are what keep our clients come back for more and for any of their flooring needs. Our installers are courteous, patient and have an eye for details to ensure hassle-free and stress-free installations. All our installers are work professionally. They are bonded and insured, too.
We use only products that have the highest manufacturing standards and design. We only use and sell products we have thoroughly tested to ensure that they are of the best quality and can stand for long years.
We are Highly Reliable
We do the job of successfully installing polished concrete. When the job is done we do a follow through to ensure our work lives up to your expectations. That is part of the personalized service we are proud of.
Top quality service is important to us. We complete the job at the exact time we commit it will be completed and we do it right! We maintain high levels of inventory for XPS products to make sure we use only the best.
We specialize in polished concrete and we provide excellent service on these flooring requirements:
- Concrete Floor Preparation
- Epoxy Coating
- Stamped Concrete
- Decorative Concrete
- Concrete Polishing
- Grinding and Sealing
- Flatwork Production
- Logo Production
We also provide services for:
- Removal of Epoxy, Paint and other Floor Coatings
- Removal of Urethane Seallers
- Removal of Masic, Glue and other Adhesives
- Floor Leveling and Grinding
- Cleaning, Repair and Filling od Expansion Cracks and Joints
- Cleaning and Maintenance of Polished Concrete Floors