Why do concrete floors need coatings? Concrete floors can be dull without coatings. Concrete is porous and thus retains dust. Concrete floors cannot also withstand the daily torture of heavy foot traffic, chemical attack, abrasions, impact and even thermal shock.
With that being said, concrete floors need to be coated with a material that will give it protection, aesthetic value, and benefits such as chemical resistance, skid and impact resistance. Coatings make the concrete floor easy to maintain, too.
Coatings that directly bond with the concrete floor surface and provide long-lasting protection, as well as aesthetic appeal, are the most ideal. Concrete floors also need to be coated with a material that will make it resistant to chemicals, impact, abrasion, and dust. More importantly, the coatings need to be easy to maintain.
To be able to make the ideal floor coating choice, the concrete surface needs to be evaluated in terms of the following:
- Is the concrete surface clean? The surface should not contain any foreign objects as they will interfere with the coating material adhering to the concrete surface.
- Does the concrete surface have any spalls or cracks? Is it uneven? All these need to be repaired prior to the installation of the coating so it will perfectly adhere to the concrete surface.
- What kind of protection do you want the coating to provide the concrete surface?
- What level of maintenance are you willing to provide the coated concrete surface?
Epoxy floor coating is fast increasing in popularity as the ideal coating for concrete floors. Here are the reasons why:
- Epoxy is a mixture of equal parts of resins and hardeners which perfectly bond well with a well-prepared concrete surface. Foreign objects, spalls, cracks as well as an uneven surface can be easily dealt with by the epoxy installer.
- Epoxy floors are resistant to chemicals, impact, abrasion and even thermal shock.
- Epoxy floors are easy to maintain as all they need is just an occasional mopping. Spills on the floor can be easily wiped off by a damp cloth.
- Epoxy floors are easy to install. After mixing and the resin and hardener, the coating is directly applied to the concrete surface. There is no need to wait for the first layer to dry up before applying the second layer.
- Epoxy floors are aesthetically appealing as they come with a high gloss finish.
- Epoxy floors are versatile as they are available in various colors, designs, and texture.
- Epoxy floors are easy on the pocket.
Call us today for a free estimate.
What we can assure you is that we only give you the best. We only make use of materials which are of the highest quality standards to ensure that our products can stand for a long time – even a lifetime! We are offering a variety of services but here are some of the services our clients are raving about:
- Polished Concrete
- Epoxy Coating
- Preparation of Concrete Floors
- Decorative Concrete
- Stamped Concrete
- Concrete Polishing
- Sealing and Grinding
Polished concrete is available has a wide variety of design choices. Dyes and pigments can be added when polished concrete is installed to create a colored flooring surface and incorporate decorative objects. You can also choose the level of the sheen of the floor surface from subtle gloss to a high gloss finish.
Polished Concrete can resist molds, dust mites, mildew and other contaminants and allergens. Polished concrete is a far better flooring option than carpets especially for people who have allergic reactions to animal fur and other contaminants. Being an inorganic material, concrete and polished concrete for that matter is not a good breeding place for toxic mold.
Polished concrete is installed without using hazardous chemicals, adhesives, and coatings. It also does not require the use of cleaners for maintenance. It is an eco-friendly flooring system because since it reflects light, it reduces the need for artificial lighting.
Polished concrete requires low maintenance. Occasional sweeping and mopping with a damp cloth is all that is required to get rid of residue from high foot traffic and marks of heavy equipment. The high gloss finish is resistant to stains and the floor surface does not need any further waxing.
When installed properly, polished concrete will last a lifetime. Ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl, wood, wooden laminate, marble or slate will in due time need replacement while polished concrete will not.
Polished concrete is cost-efficient in the long term. It lasts a lifetime and does not require any additional costs for cleaners.